Beginning of works – 2012.
End of works – November 2018.
Total volume of dredging operations – 70 mln. m3.
Scope of work
As part of the construction project near the settlement of Sabetta the following seaport facilities were built:
- a 6-kilometer-long and 495-meter-wide approach canal with seabed level of minus 15.1 m;
- a 49-kilometer-long and 295-meter-wide sea canal with seabed level of minus 15.1 m;
- harbour area with seabed level of minus 15.2 m.
The port was equipped with a Vessel traffic service (VTS) system as well as a Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS).
70 mln. m3
total volume of dredging operations
The following coastal infrastructure facilities were constructed:
- a reference station;
- a hydrometeorological station;
- administrative, engineering and storage buildings;
- navigational ranges.